Hello, my name is Capt. Mark Giacobba and I have been guiding anglers from all over the world in the remote backcountry of the Everglades since 2001. The flats skiff I run is a super shallow 18 foot Hell's Bay Boatworks with a 70 hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboard and I can accommodate one or two guests. Rates are not per person but per trip. Please call, email or text for a fishing report and for my availability.
From last minute plans to over a year out I book trips with guests. I return all calls, texts and e-mails daily.
- Half day $500.00 Local Freshwater Ft. Lauderdale and Miami
-Full day $650.00 Local Freshwater Ft. Lauderdale and Miami
- Three quarter day $650.00 (june through october only) Flamingo, Everglades National Park
- Full day $750.00 Flamingo, Everglades National Park
* Includes fuel , iced cooler, flies, lures, bottled waters, all tackle from fly outfits to spin and fishing licenses.
I trailer my skiff 250 miles round trip when fishing Flamingo and on an average day we do around 60 plus miles on the water often burning 35 gallons of fuel between towing the boat and boating. My day starts at 3:20 am and ends around 6:00 pm.
Suggested Things to bring...
Tackle ( I provide all tackle but if you plan to bring your own):
- Fly outfits from 8wt to 10wt with WF Floating lines
- 6 to 7 foot light spin rods with 3500 to 4000 series reels loaded with 15lb braid
- 30, 40, and 60lb flourocarbon
Apparel, gear and misc:
- Ball cap or favorite hat with long bill
- Full frame Polarized Sunglasses with amber lens work best for sight fishing
- Tropical lightweight UV long sleeve shirt and pants will keep you cooler in the sun
- Buff style face protection
- Small soled easy in and out footwear works best for balance and stability (docksiders, flip flops, etc)
- Packable rain coat and pants
- Jacket for the morning ride out in the cooler months
- All Natural non deet bug spray if possible , Deet is fine if that is all you have
- Dedicated camera, either a compact point and shoot or even better a DSLR with a good zoom
- Small to medium size waterproof bags for phone, keys, etc are always smart to bring
- Lunch, snacks and your preferred bevs (I will furnish bottled waters)